Sunday, December 11, 2011

all I want for Christmas is.... umm - carrots?



pictures from a lovely marketplace in Turkey



Some people say that carrots are just "for bunnies". Oh man, I couldn't disagree more! I love them, and they are one of the most nutrient-filled beautifying foods out there!

And lately, for a reason I don't know, I have been craving carrots like a mad woman... I usually eat them raw, but I also love to dip them. Here's two great dips that you can dip your carrots and other dip-food into!


Sunshine salsa

2 tomatoes
1/2 sweet onion
1 bell pepper (choose the color:)
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. Himalayan sea salt
pinch of black pepper
fresh herbs, throw in as much as you want
(basil, mint, oregano...yumyum)

Just dice all the ingredients, add seasoning, mix quickly in a blender (leave some bits and pieces)...and voila!





Hum-hum-hummus
(makes you hum cause it's so good)

1 can of chickpeas
a drizzle of good olive oil
lemon juice (fresh! I like to use a lot)
a bit of water (for smoothness)
fresh parsley (according to taste)
jeera (at least one teaspoon, I do use more - love it)


Put everything in a blender - blend until smooth - enjoy!




happy dipping!






No comments: